So we’ve been working hard for our clients, and have been pleased to work with some new ones who, for a number of reasons, require our services. It strikes me that there are a lot of misconceptions about what negative seo is and how it works, which I hope to explain in this post. I call it: ‘Three myths about negative seo’:
1. Negative SEO is about destroying innocent people’s livelihood
- The reason this is wrong, and I say this as someone who has been in business in this industry for a while, is that the majority of our
clients come to us as a last resort, and only after suffering a reputation-damaging event that they cannot get out of. Examples include
- people whose former business partners make fake blogs about them and accuse them of a number of false activities
- competitors who did negative SEO on their site
- someone who has an embarrassing photo of them online (mugshot, party photo, etc)
- a competitor who has stolen their business model
- Of course we also have a number of clients who use us as a pre-emptive strike as an offensive weapon to dominate the SESRPS, but honestly, nobody, including your competition, is entitled to remain on the first page of Google…it is a cat and mouse game, and you can eat or be eaten.
2. Negative SEO is just like pushing a button or using a magical piece of software
- Perhaps two years ago, push-button approaches might have worked, but the game has changed today.
- In fact, we operate on a number of levels and use several different approaches depending upon which package the client purchases.
- There is a great deal of labour that goes into a campaign for our clients, and just because someone assumes it is easy, doesn’t make it so.
- If it was that easy, there would be a lot more successful firms out there like us.
- Nope, not at all. We operate 100% above-board and use tactics that are entirely legal. No dark stuff here–nobody on our team really likes the idea of going to prison or paying a fine just for a website.
- We sleep just fine at night because we consider what we do to be free speech, and linkbuilding is the backbone of the world wide web. We help clients compete, we help them get the edge, we give them a fighting chance to get new clients, to remove unnecessary information from the internet. Where did people get the idea that someone has a right to destroy your reputation online? We are the good guys, coming to the aid of those who are frustrated with the status quo and who want to change things for the better.
If this short article makes sense to you, or if you think you would be a good candidate for one of our services, please contact us via the contact form and we will get back to you…use a fake name if you want, we don’t care…all we want to do is to help you keep your chin up online.